Monday, August 11, 1980

When It Rained

I stare blankly out the window
At the chilly February day,
As memories of her come flooding back.
The day we first met,
Her vivacious body,
Her Betty Davis eyes,
Her long flowing hair,
And her crescent moon smile
That captured my heart in an instant.
The way she smelled, moved, and kissed.
Even the way she looked
Sleeping, laying next to me.
The way she would stare for hours
Out the bedroom window
And watch the raindrops dance through the air,
She always liked it when it rained.

It’s only fitting now
That I am standing here
Watching the rain fall to the ground
As my breath fogs up the window.
My tears, fall like the raindrops,
Landing at my feet
And blanketing the floor
With shallow little puddles.
I’m surrounded by loved ones
But I’m all alone.
She always liked it when it rained.

No comments: